Last night's game was ... awful. When did Josh Freeman become the worst quarterback in football history?
On to the news, which includes a rash of high-profile injuries:
- Bucs RB Doug Martin is out "indefinitely" with a shoulder injury, and might miss the rest of the season. The Bucs' website says that Mike James is "likely to shoulder a majority of the rushing load, with help from Brian Leonard," while the Tampa Tribune reports that James and Leonard will "split carries." Target James if you need a back, with Leonard being more of a fallback option.
- Colts WR Reggie Wayne (knee) is done for the season. Look for T.Y. Hilton to get busier, and for Darrius Heyward-Bey (owned in 6.8 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) to assume a larger role as well. The Colts are off this week, and might search the trade market for a receiver.
- Speaking of byes, the Colts, Ravens, Texans, Bears, Chargers and Titans are off this week. Thursday's game is Panthers-Bucs.
- Bears QB Jay Cutler is expected to miss at least four weeks with a groin injury. Veteran Josh McCown, who played well in Cutler's place on Sunday, is the Bears' new starter. We shouldn't expect too much from McCown, but he'll face the Packers, Lions and Ravens after the bye, and none of those pass defenses are fearsome. Bears head coach Marc Trestman's offensive guru reputation will be burnished if he can get McCown to produce.
- With QB Sam Bradford out for the season due to a knee injury, the Rams will turn to Kellen Clemens, who is the only quarterback on the roster as of Tuesday morning. How many fantasy points do you think the Seahawks' DST will get against the Rams next Monday night? A hundred?
- Packers TE Jermichael Finley sent some encouraging tweets last night, but his neck injury figures to keep him out for awhile. This article suggests that Brandon Bostick is more likely than Andrew Quarless to see some of Finley's looks in the passing game, but neither is an attractive fantasy pickup.
- In other Packers' news, WR James Jones (knee) could miss another week.
- Speaking of tight ends, the Saints haven't said much about the status of Jimmy Graham's foot injury. Have a backup plan ready.
- The Texans' bye week probably won't offer much insight on the injuries to RBs Arian Foster (hamstring) and Ben Tate (ribs). If neither can play in Week 9, the replacement might not even be on the roster yet.
- The Cowboys seem optimistic that RB DeMarco Murray (knee) will return this week, but let's see when he returns to the practice field.
- The Falcons expect RB Steven Jackson (hamstring) to return to practice on Wednesday, but teammate Roddy White (hamstring, ankle) is still a question mark. Did you happen to grab Harry Douglas before his Week 7 explosion? If not, he's still available in 42.9 percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- The Eagles have a murky QB situation this week. Nick Foles has a concussion, and probably won't play. Michael Vick's hamstring injury isn't completely healed, but he still might play instead of rookie Matt Barkley, who threw three interceptions against the Cowboys. You probably want to avoid this situation, but consider the Giants' DST as a streaming option if/when signs point to a Barkley start.
- Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart (ankle) will return to practice today, but the short week will work against him playing on Thursday. A Week 9 return is more likely.
- WR Percy Harvin is expected to return to practice today for the Seahawks. A Monday night debut is possible.
- I'll be in a Google+ hangout today at 4 p.m. ET with Ryan Fowler, Mike Harmon and Brendon Ayanbadejo. Follow FOX Sports on Google+ to check it out, and send us questions beforehand on Twitter using the hashtag #insidefantasy.
See you back here Friday morning.